A Ministry of Christian Chefs International (CCI)

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Sometimes a little "Comfort Food" is on the menu...and warms the soul

As like a person in the hospital gets "hospital food"  ( and thankfully they have greatly improved over the last 30 years or so...)  And as there are quite a few Sisters and Brothers in the fellowship of CCI going through the healing process...I repost this from my wife and I from a time back in 2013 where there was much intense medical issues and all that goes with it...Suffering, anxiousness...lots of "Why's?"...but with the resounding testimony that By His Stripes we ARE healed!  We just have to go through the process   and He promised... For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”  in the darkest Valley...Enjoy this Comfort Food...it will settle your spirit and feed your soul...
Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

Jeremiah 33:3

 ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

"We must be willing to go out on a limb with God. If that is where He is leading us, it is the safest place to be. Our desire to live a risk-free life is a form of unbelief. Our longing to live close to God is at odds with our attempts to minimize risk. In order to follow God wholeheartedly we must relinquish our tendency to play it safe. As long as we stay close to God, His Sovereign Presence protects us wherever we go." ~ Cat
"Great and mighty things!  as He prepares a table before me...even though it may be a surgical table! So thats a half dozen surgeries since last May... Lord let this "Sword talk" be enough! As His Word cuts also let His healing and restoration come through the surgeons hands and their "knives"  Co-healing through the Healers touch!  For His Name's sake! ~ Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment