A Ministry of Christian Chefs International (CCI)

Monday, September 12, 2016

Begin again? ...an appetizer

With each day another chance ...and some days its a total reboot...its a Genesis 1:1 day Amen? This week I will share excerpts from a Devo I shared with CCA and students from a couple years ago ...over this week we pray you enjoy are blessed, and encouraged as the next school year begins again and we ask for prayer...prayer ...and did I ask....more prayer?   

Making an impact...
What makes an impact? First let’s define. One definition says “have a strong effect on someone or something.”  synonyms: affect, influence, have an effect on, make an impression on; touch, change, alter, modify, transform, shape

I believe that each of these defining words aptly describes what a relationship with Jesus Christ is all about …just add an “ing” to each of those words and we can see what Jesus is doing in the lives of those who Love, believe, and follow Jesus. In this real relationship we mirror it in our own relationships with everyone we come in contact with. So how do we do that? Our Role model Jesus shows us how…by following Him…and ultimately told us what to do…He gave us our “job” At the end of Matthew He gave us a promise and our Mission…“ Therefore go and make disciples… of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you…"

So off we go! Here at the Christian Culinary Academy in Cannon Beach Oregon we are in love with the vision Christ in the kitchen and making culinary disciples. Training up culinarians is wonderful but the first word in the name of the school is Christian. Christ first leads God has given Christian Chefs International to share the Good News of to a foundation that establishes life success and a firm foundation that their passion for cooking will lead them. And it testifies to a changed and Impacted life.

Matthew 11 25-30 Abruptly Jesus broke into prayer: “Thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth. You’ve concealed your ways from sophisticates and know-it-alls, but spelled them out clearly to ordinary people. Yes, Father, that’s the way you like to work.”

27 Jesus resumed talking to the people, but now tenderly. “The Father has given me all these things to do and say. This is a unique Father-Son operation, coming out of Father and Son intimacies and knowledge. No one knows the Son the way the Father does, nor the Father the way the Son does. But I’m not keeping it to myself; I’m ready to go over it line by line with anyone willing to listen.

28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”



“Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t la\y anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Did you know Jesus is all about food and feeding...and is a Cook? I encourage you to read the Gospel of John...in fact just pray and think on the times God spoke to you about Food as something that truly feeds from within...Jesus our Master and Teacher said "I have food to eat that you know nothing about"  When I read this I almost hear Jesus say this with an exclamation mark !  So...let us journey together in a search to "know about" Jesus' Food, and ultimately our Source...let us learn from watching working, and ...yes Tasting and seeing!  
Till Tomorrow  Rock and Roll!  Jesus is the Rock and we Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment