A Ministry of Christian Chefs International (CCI)

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Choose Authority



Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


Psalm 143:8
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go
for to you I entrust my life.

We must entrust our loved ones to God. They are much safer with God than in our clinging hands.
Sometime we confuse loving others with rescuing them. God wants us to stop feeling responsible to fix people, since that is God's role, not ours. It is God's prerogative to bring about change in peoples lives as He chooses. When we feel compelled to rescue a loved one, look to God. Don't usurp God;s role in peoples lives, no matter how much we want to help them. God can rescue or control anyone He chooses, but He created us with the capacity to choose good or evil. God wants us to be free to love Him--or not. Love that has no choice is not real.

No comments:

Post a Comment