A Ministry of Christian Chefs International (CCI)

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Next steps..Knowing ...now GO-ing...

Join me in this story based on a sharing I had done a long long time ago about a journey to a place called Grace...now we may still go there  ;)   I pray you are edified and touched...initially there is a Character called the Tour Guide (Guide), and the New Reborn Child (Newbie)...You know we all been there  ;)


"Whew...OK...Let's Go!" said the New Reborn Child "Wait! replied the Guide.  Before we head off at a Holy Spirit breakneck pace...lets look around....Coast clear?  Any Traffic?  Lights on?  Seat Belt secure?...Armour on? Shield up? Sword Sharp?.... says the Guide..."Hay Waitaminit! I thought we were going...you mean I may have forgotten something?" , "Yeah lots..., talkin...You...lets think about it...Where you going?  You just got here and ....Well think about it...where are you?" queried the Guide  "Um  I am ...here... Oh Yeah I know I was lost but now I'm found!  I know I am a sinner...but Jesus died for me!  I know the Holy Spirit filled my heart with Love and ...Power!  I have been forgiven!And got that Amazing Grace!"  Ok so ...where are you going?  Looking around..."well I know got to go!  God said Go!  Right? " "...Well Yeah  He did say that...so ...Where?"  "He will lead me!" exclaimed the Newbie.   "Cool...so what are you gonna do?....for how long?  Did you read the map?" asked the Guide.   "Um No...what map?"  "The Word...The Bible..." the guide spoke smiling patiently.  "Yeah I heard of it...has a lot of groovy stuff....I read some a long time ago...am ...I  going to make disciples?  Right?" queried the Newbie.   "Yeah so How you gonna do that?  True God can do miracles  and saving you and me certainly fits into that category...So do you think that being a disciple might help you make...disciples?   Blushing the Newbie said "You are right I don't even know what its like being one...The Guide got the Newbies attention and said "When you meet someone... you could meet and fall in Love at first sight!...but then what?...relationship...Starts... TBC

God Morning, afternoon or evening Sisters and Brothers!  I know how anxious you are...I am also encouraged by the Word where He shares about being anxious...it is the root word for anxiety Amen?And while the word by definition can mean keen, desirous,and eager...and is... wanting something very much... we all feel that the word has a negative aspect to it...it is usually experiencing worry, unease, or nervousness...and as God would have us know...left to itself can lead to Anxiety a more pronounced form of what they share as defined...Worry...please allow me to share a list of synonyms for anxious...
worried, concerned, uneasy, apprehensive, fearful, perturbed, troubled, bothered, disturbed, distressed, disquieted, fretful, agitated, nervous, edgy, antsy, unquiet, on edge, tense, overwrought, worked up, keyed up, jumpy, worried sick, with one's stomach in knots, with one's heart in one's mouth; informal, uptight, on tenterhooks, with butterflies in one's stomach, trepidatious, jittery, twitchy, in a dither, in a lather, in a tizzy, eaten up; strung out, having kittens; antsy, spooked, squirrelly...Whew   OK so some would say these are "normal" for us humans as we traverse this world we live in...I humbly offer that in view of Creation this is yet another opportunity for Our Father to shine...His light Jesus conquering and victorious over this part of "the world" that is not our Home...We want to Go!  Where?   Well lets pick a destination on this Way...We have Jesus in our Heart now...And as He taught about seeing that relationship with His Father we have made that commitment...And Sisters and Brothers you may know that when you say "I Do"  you say a lot...as He is the New Covenant let us experience by His Body and His Blood...His presence...Lets Go there!
And so we are anxious for this new adventure...as these others were ...Lets see what they had to say and what God had to reply...

1 Samuel 9:20 But as for your donkeys that were lost three days ago, do not be anxious about them, for they have been found. And on whom is all the desire of Israel? Is it not on you and on all your father’s house?”

Job 20:2 “Therefore my anxious thoughts make me answer, Because of the turmoil within me.

Jeremiah 17:8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.

Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

As you can see in the intro story I myself have been there jumping in the Truck and saying OK Jesus Lets go!   then after a bit of driving in silence I figured....and said  OK  Jesus YOU drive!  and sniveling got into the passenger seat...then anxious again and all like  "Are we there ye?t Are we there yet??  Are we There yet???  Then in my excitement at being on the road with Jesus I tended to jump out of the truck and run ahead of Him....the conclusion was after years of this I was getting tired of being a speedbump on the Way...Jesus I am sure was sighing each time he ran me over  ;)

With such a daunting journey ahead...we know to pray and not to ...Be Anxious...Don't Worry...Fret Not...But where to start?  Feeling a bit overwhelmed at this New Birth the Newbie humbly asks...Lord where do I start?  "At the beginning" comes the answer.  the Newbie hears the still small voice  "Go to My Word..."  Yikes!  I really need some help! " Thats a great start says the Guide...Hearing more clearly..."Come to me..."  And as a finger may be pointing...

"Hey look over there!"  said the Guide.  "Other journeyers!  Lets go ask them for help"  TBC...



Praying this feeds you in a way that entertains and blesses ...
Rock and Roll!  Jesus is the Rock...and we ROLL!





No comments:

Post a Comment