A Ministry of Christian Chefs International (CCI)

Sunday, November 13, 2016

But now...Therefore...

As I read the Word I love "every Jot and every Tittle" . (dot) . (comma) / slash \ backslash # hashtag everyjotandeverytittle haha even those like stones cry out and praise God... especially the words ..like and, but, now..and the word Therefore we all know when we see that we ask ourselves " What is that there...for?" They gently lead us to the next revelation of the Word in our hearts and minds...And you all know what my "mantra" is , a main saying "Run don't walk to the Word of God" and "Rock and Roll Jesus ( The Word) is the Rock...and we Roll!" And so we roll on as I roll and I pause and yes shudder in the aftermath of recent events...looking on the facebook and elsewhere seeing unfortunately even the "christians" join in in this battle...But I thank God! For the Word today brings up what has been wrapping around my mind and heart...so I humbly submit and encourage you to read Peter's first letter. chapter 2. Just to edify...I love Pete! Rock on Rock! We all know Simon the gruff senior fisherman of the gang Jesus recruited ...so vibrantly human in all its not so gloriousness but I think we all can identify with him...at least in the way he expressed himself his feelings and emotions, and even actions...he was a kind of epitome of human characteristics...our characteristics...and in seeing him/us in the time spent with Jesus on earth we also can marvel at least I am amazed at what happened when everything changed...the filling of the Holy Spirit...Pete "knew" of God...he got to "know" Jesus...and made the connections when the Holy Spirit brought it all together for him...and I see it in his letters....in them I do not see the former Simon...I see THE Rock indwelling and expressing himself in this "Rock". I see a man living by the life of another...Jesus. And in that I catch glimpses of me...in the past and after the "change". To coin a line from the Matrix " some things never change...and some things do" and in that truth ONE thing not only never changes abut remains after all is said...and done...The Love of God!  This source is eternal...to say the least.  And Pete and the others made that choice to follow and enter in to a relationship and to yes fall in love with...
      And as everything begins with choice ( yeesh gonna have to stop watching matrix reruns haha ) As it is written in Joshua 24 "choose for yourselves this day..." and to add from the psalmist Robert Zimmerman song Gotta serve somebody:
But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
You're gonna have to serve somebody,
It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

Make a choice  cross that line  It will be the Day the Lord has made!
Rock and Roll...For Pete's sake!  ;)
and Oh...when you read 1 Peter 2  read in the NKJ and Message  they work so well together in getting that Word s into your head and heart    

No comments:

Post a Comment