A Ministry of Christian Chefs International (CCI)

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Something about the Journey...

Hello Sisters and Brothers!   Well I made it cross country and am now with my Mother and family in MD...I cannot begin to accurately describe the thanks I feel to the Lord and to you all...I could only say that I would give each of you a really God hug!  As I read the word It occurred to me about "The journey"
Please allow me to transcribe some conversations I had rendering some parts of the trip basically a synopsis...and touching on the many wondrous things I saw and experienced...Totally God was in each and every aspect of this journey...and as I share it is a groovy saying that " It is ON the Journey that you find God's Will"!  I encourage you to seek out the word journey in His Word and taste and see what God is revealing to you about yours.....Praise the LOrd!
The chat excerpts are from conversations between me and Chef Ira Krizo, and with Sister Chef Lissette Medwig

Luke 9:53 But they did not receive Him, because His face was set for the journey to Jerusalem.

Luke 9:57 [ The Cost of Discipleship ] Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, that someone said to Him, “Lord, I will follow You wherever You go.”


And the journey began  in a rare hail storm on the beach in Oregon...  ----------------------------->

How did the rest of your night go?
Too funny that part of the journey was perhaps the roughest as Ms GPS and my mistaking reading of what GPS was doing caused me to go the Wrong way for many miles till the snow and Mountains made me look again and surely...it had me on my previous "most direct route" which became the route that the storm and bad weather would accompany me along the way I knew would be ...so I changed the route to go through NV to I 40 then across ...and as such it was great road conditions and no inclement weather along the entire journey...had to cross a pass chains and followed a semi @ 15 mph for hours passing Tulelake at Midnight...I jokingly to the Lord said yeah it would be a little tacky to show up on your Moms doorway after midnight saying Just wanted to say Hi! haha maybe on the way back 😉If its not midnight
And then the journey continued as I got misdirected...but Mac as he is called in Europe a "Pyranean Mountain Dog" LOved the snow!
Was that Willamette pass out of Eugene?
I think so it was dark I think it bordered a lake when I looked at the map saw the road but also saw not that many signs along the way as you probably know it is sparsely populated
And on the journey went...


From Sister Chef Lissette Medwig

The LORD's Blessings be upon you my Brother, in the Fullness of His Measure!Blessings and Peace on this night.
Thank you Sister! this drive was very stressful...I am not as young as I used to be! and I did push it a bit...it was so rough just getting out of Oregon so the alteration of the journey through Nevada to AZ where I got a room in Flagstaff...was already so tired... then NM TX OK, and AR where I actually blanked out! God woke me and energized me to get off the freeway and park and nap for an hour or so....just enough to get me to TN where I stayed at Cat's Mom's house...she was so wonderful making me what I had prayed for! I was just wanting some soup...She had a home made leftover turkey and wild rice with cream soup...and she even made me home made southern biscuits and her last fresh homegrown tomatoes! I tasted and saw God's goodness that evening!
...I slept very well....leaving that next morning for one more long day arriving at my Sister's house at midnight....Wow what a journey but they say "On the Journey we find God's Will..." and I certainly did a lot of conversing with the Lord....missing my former co-pilot...who like me loved traveling in the car...seeing God along the way focused on the road and upon each horizon anticipating a revelation of the Lord in our journey...and the Holy Spirit reminding me that we all...are to BE that revelation...we were journeying to ourselves...finding a place already habitated by the Lord....I used to always say when we passed a church.." Wow whodathink??? Out here in the middle of nowhere where I have never been....God is here!" haha IN my egocentric self being the "center of the universe" 😉 ... I find that we are revolving around the "Son" the true center of the Universe....worshiping the Source...of Life and growing as the universe expands.....I often asked God along this trip that He would manipulate the Space-Time Continuum in my favor making my destinations closer and by that ...sooner....but as each moment passed into the past...I found the here and now was precious and perfect...in His timing...Wow what a plan!
I saw many wondrous things along the way...including along the way in Nevada I saw a boulder near the road that was "Graffitied" On the face of the rock as I drove by I saw a big huges heart with "
CAT
LOVES
then something obscured at the bottom I chose to think it said ...Leo ;)
Thank you for letting me share them you ...Thanking God for you!
PS...it did take me a couple days to even consider having a cup of coffee...But I got over that...😉

Sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment