A Ministry of Christian Chefs International (CCI)

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Marrow and fatness indeed!



Isaiah 54:10
Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,”
says the Lord, who has compassion on you.


Psalm 46:10
"Cease striving and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Psalm 63:1-5
O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
2 So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You.
Thus I will bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.

God understands us perfectly and loves us eternally. It is our soul He loves, not our appearance or performance. Sometimes we are so dissatisfied with these that they become our focus. To break free from this self-preoccupation, relax in God's Loving Presence and let the light of His Love soak into our entire beings. Remember that God created us to know Him: to enjoy Him and center our lives in Him. "Cease striving and know that I am God."
The world abounds with idols--things we turn to when we want to feel better about ourselves: eating, entertainment, exercise, mastery of something or someone. However, none of these things can shake the thirst of our soul for God alone. Idolatrous substitutes may suppress our appetite for God, mainly by distracting us, but they provide no satisfaction. When we get those gnawing sensations around the edges of our souls, return to God. "Out soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods."

No comments:

Post a Comment