A Ministry of Christian Chefs International (CCI)

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Pray then....

Romans 8:26-27
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.
Micah 7:7
But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord,
I wait for God my Savior
my God will hear me.
Psalm 33:20-22
We wait in hope for the Lord;
he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love be with us, Lord,
even as we put our hope in you.


When we feel unable to pray, remember that the Spirit intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
God wants us to watch in hope as you wait for Him, our Savior. Wait expectantly; confident that God will do what is best. The longer we have to wait the more we must rely on our trust in God. If we start to feel anxious, seek His help with short prayers such as "Jesus fill me with Your Peace". As we put our hope in God, His unfailing love rests peacefully upon us...and the peace turns into Praise!
Great devo this morn which led us into a "discussion" about how and why and what we pray...for me I learned that seeking God in prayer is key to that relationship.  And as we look to Jesus we read about how What and How and Why and When Jesus prayed... and we heartily recommend a great life changing little book that helps us by a Pastor I met years ago.  It is titled 'The Red Sea Rules" written by Robert J Morgan ...As God has had me share these lessons with other churches   Let me encourage you and lets hsare the Good News that Prayer works!

No comments:

Post a Comment